Design Systems London 2019 - Miranda Garrido
15 November 2019
- They’ve worked with a lot of start-ups, accelerators and small companies.
- Getting invested early means they can help in many different ways.
- Design Systems at startups - you can over commit or they can be ignored.
- Taking too much time in creating one rather than achieving other business goals.
- They were asked to stop, months past and buttons, icons, colours started to stray into various sizes, looks, and hues.
- The whole is great than the sum of its parts - Aristotle
- How do you go about learning what a Design System is.
- You could search the internet, find and article that will teach you … in 15 minutes.
- You could find a similar, fully fledged Design System and apply it all for their needs. With little knowledge of what goes into it.
- The most import thing consistency, connection, and speed in a startup.
- Start with the brand - hack the consistency.
- Make the brand a crucial part of your design system , because it can be a game changer.
- Leverage existing open source toolkits - hack for speed.
- Leverage vs. Appropriation.
- Don’t try to reinvent the wheel.
- It beings with you - hack for connection.
- Look around, are you talking to the people next to you about it
- Human connection is a superpower - it is the glue of your start up.